I frequently receive Amazon gift cards and claim codes for my birthday or as bonuses for paying my cellphone bill on time from the carrier I use. Here’s how to redeem an Amazon gift card or claim code on your iPhone or iPad or on your computer. You’ll need to have an Amazon account and be signed in. Redeeming the credit stores it to your account balance until you’re ready to use it on a purchase.
To redeem Amazon credit such as gift cards or claim codes on your iPhone or iPad:
- Open the Amazon app.
- In the upper left corner, tap the three lines to open the menu. If you need to, be sure to sign in to your Amazon account.
- Tap Your Account.
- Scroll down to the section Amazon Wallet. Tap Manage gift card balance.
- Tap Redeem another gift card.
- Enter the digital gift card claim code, or 16-digit gift card number (you may have to scratch off the protective coating on the back of the physical gift card). Tap Apply to your balance and the credit will be stored for use on your next purchase.
- For physical gift cards, you can also scan the code number with your device. Tap Scan your claim code to use your device’s camera.
- If you’re using a computer, open your web browser. Type amazon.com/redeem and you will automatically be taken to the Redeem a gift card page. Again, be sure to sign in to your Amazon account before trying to redeem any claim codes or gift cards.
Now you can redeem credit to your Amazon account and use that money on your next purchase!
Master your iPhone in one minute a day: Sign up here to get our FREE Tip of the Day delivered right to your inbox.